top of page
Take the First Step

Support for women experiencing family violence in Victoria

In Australia, family violence is never acceptable. If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence, different  protections and supports are available, including legal protection. 

Journeys to safety 

Everyone's situation is different. Our lawyers specialise in helping women find protection from family violence. Click on the tiles below to read the stories of five different women who experienced family violence, reached out for support, and came out the other side safer, stronger and more independent. 

Clickable tiles for website (1).png

Taking the first step

Taking the first step is about reaching out for help: to a family member, to a trusted friend or colleague, to the police or to a community service like Northern Community Legal Centre (NCLC). It may feel scary, but it's important to know you are not alone. We are here to help.

How the law can protect you

Our lawyers and family violence peer educators have compiled information about family violence and your rights to protection in Victoria. Click the pink button below to learn more. 

If you're experiencing family violence,

call Northern Community Legal Centre on (03) 9310 4376

or email ​

bottom of page